NBI Investors B.V. and its affiliated entities (together “NBI”) are committed to your privacy and keeping your personal data safe. We are bound by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will protect your personal information in accordance with the principles set out therein.
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) aims to give you a clear view of what personal data we collect and how we use it, our dedication to protecting it and your rights and options to control your personal data and protect your privacy.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to the processing by NBI of all personal data of management teams, investors, business partners, suppliers, experts and other individuals (“Relations” and each a “Relation”).
Within NBI, we consider all information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other personal information available to us as personal data. Processing of personal data is pretty much anything you can do with personal data. For example: gathering, storing, combining, transferring or deleting data.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data through a variety of sources:
- Directly from you, such as the information you provided to us when you opted-in for our mailings, when you contacted us or when you gave us your business card;
- From others, such as your co-founder, partner, colleague or through a mutual connection / our network;
- From sources that are publicly available such as LinkedIn or your company’s website;
- During our due diligence process.
More specifically, we collect personal data in the following ways:
- News and publications – when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- Careers – when you (may) apply for a job or an internship;
- Events – when you (may) sign up for an event or show interest in being notified about events;
- Investors – when you (may) become involved as an investor;
- Experts – when you (may) become involved as an expert in a certain field;
- Partnerships – when we (may) enter into a collaboration with your organisation;
- Photo, audio and video content – when you participate in an event or when we use your picture for publicity purposes.
WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Name, contact details, profession, all information required for payroll processing and other identifying information
When you subscribe to our newsletter, apply for a job or internship, sign an employment agreement or contact us we may record the following: your name, title, profession and contact details. Your contact details may include your address, telephone number, Skype account, social media accounts and/or email address.
- Your job application details
- Legal identification
- Your communication with us
When you send us an email, we register your communication with us. When you call us, we may register your questions or queries in our database.
- Photo and/or video content
If you take part in one of our events, you will enter an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur and inevitability your image and/or voice may be recorded. Also, if you are in the management team of one of our portfolio companies, or are an employee or intern, your photo/video may be used for publicity purposes.
For what purposes do we collect and use YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may use your personal data for various purposes, all of which have been set-out below. This may be data that you provided to us explicitly, but also data that we collected ourselves. Some information that we collect is mandated by law or otherwise necessary for the delivery of our services or products. Some information we collect is based on your consent. If you do not allow us to collect all the information we request, we may not be able to deliver all our services effectively.
- To perform our due diligence
- To send you our newsletter
- To comply with the law
- To perform a contract
- To interact with you
- For publicity purposes
WHEN YOU ENTER INTO A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH US
You may provide personal information to NBI based on a contract or a broader business relationship and the preparatory stages to enter into a contract. In this part of the policy, we set out how we may process such personal data.
- To process your application for funding
- For the assessment and acceptance of a business partner
- For the conclusion and execution of agreements with business partners
- For business process execution
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Access to your personal data within NBI
Personal data we collect may be transferred within NBI’s organisation, but only if NBI has a legitimate interest to do so. Based on such legitimate business interest, your personal data may be exchanged within NBI. We exchange your data within the NBI group for administrative purposes to create a complete overview of your contacts and contracts.
NBI employees are authorised to access personal data only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose and to perform their jobs.
Access to your personal data by third parties
The following third parties may have access to your personal data, where relevant, for the provisioning of their products or services to NBI or to you:
- Third parties relevant to the services that we provide, such as due diligence providers, business partners, investors, experts and alike parties;
- Bank payment system operators and credit card companies, for the fulfilment of payments, as identified while you undertake your payment;
- Insurance companies;
- IT suppliers hosting our websites and technology service providers;
- Parties who support NBI in their marketing activities, such as digital agencies and mailing houses;
- Debt collectors;
- Fraud bureaus or other organisations to identify, investigate or prevent fraud or other misconduct;
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies;
- Our financial advisors, legal advisors and auditors; and
- Other third parties with whom we are required by law to share the personal data.
We may also disclose your personal information to others outside NBI where:
- we are required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so;
- you may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under applicable privacy laws.
When such third parties are given access to your personal data, we will take the required contractual, technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is only processed to the extent that such processing is necessary or within the scope of the consent we have received from you. We will ensure that third parties will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable (local) law.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than as set out above, unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The use of your personal data by data processors
When a third party processes your personal data for or on behalf of NBI we will enter into an agreement with such third party to agree on appropriate conditions subject to which the processing of personal data is allowed. In this agreement we include obligations to ensure that your personal data is processed by the data processor solely to provide services to us.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL DATA SECURED?
NBI has taken adequate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access as well as all other forms of unlawful processing (including, but not limited to, unnecessary collection) or further processing. Examples are our internal Privacy and Information Security policies that all staff must comply with, staff training and secure servers.
HOW LONG DO YOU RETAIN MY PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data will be retained for as long as required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
HOW CAN I EXERCISE MY RIGHTS?
You can at all times request access, correction, restriction, portability or removal of the data that NBI processes or if you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data by sending a request to email@example.com.
if you prefer to contact us by regular mail, please send your request to the following address:
NBI Investors B.V.
Laan van Kronenburg 14
1183 AS Amstelveen
We are very committed to working with you to always obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you might have in relation to our processing of your personal data. If, however, you feel that we have not been able to assist you adequately and do not comply with applicable privacy rules you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority using their website.